Dental technology has advanced so much over the past few decades. It wasn’t that long ago that any dental patient wanting straighter teeth had no other choice but to wear traditional metal braces. And while there’s certainly nothing wrong with this method – after all, it’s been used by dentists and orthodontists for over 100 years now – metal braces do have some downsides. Two of the most obvious disadvantages are how visible these braces are to other people and the amount of time that it takes for the treatment to work (typically between 12 months and 3 years). But thanks to advances in dental technology, patients from Cedar Park, Texas and other areas around the country have several different options to choose from when it comes to straightening their teeth. One of those is the Six Month Smile method. If you’re trying to decide which treatment would be the right choice for you, you’ve come to the right place! Read on to find out more about this teeth-straightening method and to learn whether or not Six Month Smile reviews have been positive.
What You Should Know about Six Month Smiles
While it’s true that traditional metal braces have some downsides, there is a good reason why that tried-and-true teeth-straightening method has been used by dentists and orthodontists for so many years – it works! Six Month Smiles employs the same type of treatment, but with two very important differences: clear plastic is used to make the brackets less noticeable, and (just as the name implies) the length of treatment is a fraction of the time it takes with traditional metal braces.
The first step in choosing Six Month Smiles (or any other teeth-straightening method) is to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for this treatment. Unlike metal braces and clear plastic aligner trays, Six Month Smiles is intended to straighten only the patients’ front teeth – those that are visible when they smile. And while the method works well for minor to moderate problems, if you have more severe issues, your dentist or orthodontist will likely recommend some other method.
The Six Month Smiles Procedure
Six Month Smile Reviews
Sometimes the best way to decide between different teeth-straightening options is to pay attention to the experiences of other patients who have gone through the treatment. When it comes to Six Month Smiles, patient reviews are generally very favorable.
While most people had good things to report about their own experience with this treatment, some patients did express some disappointment with the results. What follows are summaries of some Six Month Smile reviews.
- Positive Comments
- Length of treatment — Virtually every patient appreciated the fact that the length of treatment was relatively short. While traditional metal braces take from 12 to 36 months, and even plastic aligner trays require at least 12 months, Six Month Smiles braces usually require only 6 months to straighten the patient’s teeth. Those people with very minor issues were even more complimentary when they saw results in just 4 months!
- Clear brackets – Although the Six Month Smiles method is similar to the process involved in traditional braces, patients were pleased with the fact that the brackets are clear plastic and the arch wires are tooth-colored, which meant that they were barely noticeable to other people. In fact, for some patients this was the biggest advantage of the Six Month Smiles method.
- Affordability – Many people commented on how pleasantly surprised they were at the lower cost of Six Month Smiles. Due in large part to the fact that the length of treatment is so short, Six Month Smiles is a relatively affordable teeth-straightening option.
- Negative Comments
- Results – A small number of patients were less than pleased with the results of their Six Month Smiles treatment. The majority of these patients were those who had misaligned bites. Because Six Month Smiles only changes the positions of the front teeth, people with bite issues may not be the best candidates for this teeth-straightening method. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that you’re a good candidate for Six Month Smiles before starting treatment. If you have severely crooked teeth, or if your bite is misaligned, your dentist or orthodontist will typically recommend another treatment option.
- Discomfort – Some patients mentioned that they felt some discomfort with their Six Month Smiles brackets and arch wires, particularly during the first few weeks of treatment. It’s important to remember that Six Month Smiles utilizes a technology very similar to traditional metal braces. So it’s common for patients to feel a certain amount of discomfort, especially at first. Most dentists will recommend an over-the-counter pain medication during this time period, and some may suggest that the patient apply a small amount of wax on those areas that might be irritating the cheek and gum tissue.
If you’re trying to decide the best teeth-straightening option for you, ask your dentist whether or not you would be a good candidate for Six Month Smiles. While there are always some disadvantages in whatever treatment method you choose, the vast majority of Six Month Smiles reviews were quite positive. To find out more, contact your Cedar Park, Texas dentist today and schedule an appointment.