It’s safe to say that just about everyone in the Cedar Park, Texas area would like to have an attractive smile. No matter what your age or gender, a nice smile not only makes us more appealing to other people – it also improves our self-esteem and our self-confidence. Some of the most common hurdles that people have to overcome on the road to having a more attractive smile are crooked teeth or teeth with wide gaps in between. Traditionally, these people would have to wear metal braces for an extended period of time in order to resolve these issues. But modern dental technology has provided another option for some of these patients: Six Month Smiles. If you’d like to learn more about this treatment and find out who are the best Six Month Smile candidate, you’ve come to the right place!
An Introduction to Six Month Smiles
The Six Month Smiles Procedure
During the patient’s first appointment, the dentist or orthodontist will typically take X-rays, along with 3D impressions and photographs of the patient’s teeth. Using the information gathered during this initial visit, the dentist or orthodontist will create the patient-specific plan for what is needed to straighten the teeth, as well as create the clear brackets and tooth-colored wires that will combine to resolve the patient’s dental issues.
During the second visit, the dentist or orthodontist will bond lightweight brackets to the patient’s teeth using a hardening light, after which he or she will thread tooth-colored arch wire through each bracket. The end result are clear braces that effectively move the patient’s teeth into their new, straighter positions over the course of a few months.
After Six Month Smile brackets and arch wires are put in place, the patient will need to visit the dentist or orthodontist once a month or so in order to fine tune the braces and ensure they are moving the teeth into proper alignment. The entire process usually takes about six months, and the end result is a straighter, more beautiful smile!
Who Are Good Candidates for Six Month Smiles?
These clear braces are intended to be used on adults with cosmetic dental issues. While it’s true that Six Month Smiles works quite well for minor problems, these clear braces can also work for more challenging issues, including the following:
- People with wide gaps in between their teeth
- People with crooked teeth
- People with crowded teeth
- People with overbites
It’s important to know that Six Month Smiles are clear braces that were specifically designed to improve the appearance of an adult patient’s smile. This means that the focus of this clear braces treatment is on straightening the front teeth of the patient – those that are visible when the patient smiles. So any adult who has a less than attractive smile due to crooked teeth or gaps in their front teeth would typically be a good candidate for Six Month Smiles.
But if you have more severe issues – such as significant bite misalignment or extremely crooked teeth – your dentist or orthodontist may recommend traditional metal braces or plastic aligner trays to resolve your problems.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles over Traditional Metal Braces
For many, many years, traditional metal braces have been the primary treatment for people with crooked teeth or any of the other issues mentioned above. There’s a good reason for that – metal braces work! And for many dental patients, traditional braces are still the most effective treatment option available. But if you are an adult with less severe issues involving your front teeth, and if you want an alternative to metal braces, Six Month Smiles may be the perfect solution for you.
There are several advantages to this alternative teeth-straightening method:
- Six Month Smiles are clear and barely noticeable by other people. Wearing metal braces can be somewhat embarrassing no matter what age you are, but it can be especially trying for adults. Six Month Smiles brackets are clear, and the arch wires are tooth-colored, meaning that they’re much less obvious than traditional braces.
- Six Month Smiles are more comfortable. People who wear traditional braces often complain that the metal injures gum and cheek tissue, and are generally very uncomfortable. But due to the revolutionary flexible material that comprises Six Month Smiles brackets, they are a comfortable option for most dental patients.
- Six Month Smile treatment takes less time. People with metal braces typically need to wear them for at least 12 months, and the entire treatment period can take as long as 3 years. Six Month Smiles, on the other hand, usually work within the six-month period indicated by the name of the product.
- Six Month Smiles are less expensive than traditional metal braces. Although the exact costs vary depending on the provider, Six Month Smiles usually cost less than metal braces due in large part to the shorter time required to complete the treatment.
Depending on your specific dental issues, Six Month Smiles may be an excellent alternative over traditional metal braces. To learn more about these innovative clear braces, and to find out if you are a Six Month Smiles candidate, contact your Cedar Park, Texas dentist today and schedule an appointment. Thanks to modern dental technology virtually anyone can enjoy all the benefits of a beautiful smile, and yours may be only a phone call away thanks to treatment options like Six Month Smiles.